The residents of Saraqib city have managed to isolate their city from the ongoing fighting between HTS and Ahrar Al Sham movement in Idlid province following a series of peaceful protests. After the negotiating committee, which was appointed by the locals to negotiate with HTS, held a meeting with HTS, it succeeded in putting the pressure on the organization to evacuate its headquarters inside the city. This is a victory for the civilian protests against the armed group of HTS.
According to an Idlib24 private source, the evacuation deal in Saraqib took place after civil groups made a call two days ago to all civilian and revolutionary entities, which resulted in the appointment of a committee that would later negotiate with HTS on many issues, including the evacuation of the city.
The committee released a statement consisting on the agreed protocols.
- HTS will evacuate all its headquarters inside the city
- It will remove all its checkpoints in the city
- Civilians will cooperate with the rebels in the city to ensure security inside the city and isolate it from the ongoing fighting between the factions.
- The emergency military office, which will be formed by the committee, will protect civilians from any transgressor.
- Military convoys will not be allowed to pass from Saraqib